Denver weather in July is just about as wonderful as you could hope for during your visit. The days are warm, but dry with highs in the upper 80s. It's the perfect temperature to enjoy all of our outdoor activities.
July is an amazing time to visit as there are also several fun events and activities. There are several festivals, outdoor concerts, and a wonderful Fourth of July celebration.
Read on for additional information on what to pack for your stay, typical highs and lows, and a few of the top things to do during your stay.
Even in July, the days will start out cool. They will then warm up to the upper 80s most days. With the altitude, we don't get much humidity, so the upper 80s are comfortable. It's easy to enjoy outdoor activities with our Denver weather in July.
The fresh mountain air cools us down each night. The temps dip down into the mid-50s which makes for beautiful evenings.
We also don't get much rain this time of year and you will see clear blue skies most days. We do get some afternoon thunderstorms with the clouds rolling in over the mountains around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.
These storms don't last long though. After dropping a little rainfall, the skies clear up again so you can continue to enjoy your day.
Here are a few more details about the Denver weather in July.
Average High in July: 88° F/31° C
Average Low in July: 56° F/13° C
Average Monthly Rainfall: 2 inches
Record High: 103° F/ 40° C (07/01/1990)
Record Low: 40° F/5° C (07/13/1987)
For some of the links on this page, I receive a small commission when you purchase. You don't pay more when you buy through me and it gives me the chance to offer you all this great content for free!
Since the Denver weather in July is warm and the skies are clear, you'll want to pack pretty light. During the day, I typically wear short sleeved shirts paired with light pants or shorts. You can also bring along some skirts or sundresses.
At night, the temps dip down into the 50s, so bring along a light jacket or sweater to pair with your daytime outfit. Most of the time, you will find that shorts or a skirt are still comfortable at night.
Bring along some comfortable shoes too as it's fun to walk around and enjoy outdoor activities in July.
With little rain, don't worry about bringing a rain jacket as you just won't end up wearing it much.
1. Celebrate the Fourth of July: The 4th of July is always a great day to be in Denver. Some of the many events you can choose from include Independence Eve at Civic Center, the Cherry Creek Art Festivals, the annual Blues Traveler concert at Red Rocks. One of the many Denver professional sports team are usually playing at home this weekend too including the MLB's Colorado Rockies, MLS' Colorado Rapids, or the MLL's team, the Denver Outlaws. Find out more fun Fourth of July activities.
2. Attend an outdoor concert: The Denver weather in July is perfect for an outdoor concert and this city has many to choose from. Some of the top chart toppers come to Denver and play at venues such as Red Rocks Amphitheater, the Pepsi Center, Fiddler's Green Amphitheater and others. Make sure to check the schedule so you don't miss out on your favorite bands in some of the best arenas. This year's summer concerts.
3. Sample local brews at a beer festival: Get your taste buds ready for delicious brews at some of Denver's famous brew festivals. Grab your lederhosen (wait, you didn't bring any?) and down some brats and beers at the Biergarten Festival. If you want something a little more local, check out the Stapleton Beer Festival, Denver Summer Brew Festival or the Arvada on Tap Beer Festival. More fun festivals in July.
4. Learn about Denver's history on a walking tour: Why not learn a bit more about the Mile High City and its history while you are visiting our lovely city? A great way to do this is take a walking tour through Denver. You can choose from numerous walking tours that will show you some of the best historical, famous and non-famous, around Denver. Make sure to bring your camera and comfortable walking shoes. More on the top walking tours.
5. Visit one of our free museums: The month of July is a great time to visit if you are an art lover, a science lover, or just a lover of museums that are free to visit. You will find several free museums all around town. In addition, many of Denver's top museums offer free days in July. Learn more here.
Find great places to stay all around town this month. You can stay downtown to check out our top festivals and events. You might even want to check out my top picks near Coors Field if you are heading to a game.
Another option is to spend your time in luxury at one of our top four and five star hotels.