Colorado Symphony Orchestra
2018 & 2019 Season
The Colorado Symphony Orchestra season runs from September to May. Its 2018 & 2019 performances include "An Evening of Bernstein's Best," "All Beethoven Featuring Symphony No. 7," and "Brahms Conducted by the Dragon."
Other highlights include its Geek series, Christmas performances, and annual fundraisers. In addition, the symphony also has an outdoor summer concert series from June to September.
© Telecast | Dreamstime.com
Colorado Symphony Orchestra 2018 Schedule
All Colorado Symphony Orchestra events below are at the Boettcher Concert Hall in downtown Denver unless otherwise noted.
- 5/3 & 5/4: Movie at the Symphony: Jurassic Park In Concert
- 5/6: Pirates of the Symphony Seas! Buntport Theater and the Colorado Symphony
- 5/11 - 5/13: Mozart’s “Elvira Madigan” Piano Concerto No. 21
- 5/17: LISTEN/HEAR 104 — Musique Nouveau – The Current Voice
- 5/19: ROCK ON! with the Colorado Symphony
- 5/25 - 5/27: Two Titans: Bernstein & Mahler
>> Additional events in May
- 7/4: Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre Colorado Symphony's Family Friendly Fourth of July at 7:30pm
- 7/6: Mozart Under Moonlight at the Arvada Center
- 7/11: Movie at the Symphony: Jaws in Concert
- 7/13: Colorado Symphony 2018/19 Season Preview in Concert
- 7/15: Seal with the Colorado Symphony Featuring Special Guest Corinne Bailey Rae at Red Rocks
- 7/20-7/22: Movie at the Symphony: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- 7/26: Sarah McLachlan with the Colorado Symphony at Red Rocks
- 7/28: Wicked Divas with your Colorado Symphony at the Arvada Center
- 7/29: Wicked Divas with your Colorado Symphony at the Dillion Amphitheatre in Dillon
>> More July events
- 8/1: Yo-Yo Ma Performs Bach at Red Rocks
>> More fun things to do in August
- 9/7: Jake Shimabukuro in Concert
- 9/8: HANSON STRING THEORY
- 9/9: Bernstein 100 with the Colorado Symphony Brass & Percussion at Levitt Pavilion Denver
- 9/14-9/16: Opening Weekend: Rachmaninoff Symphony No. 2 Conducted by Brett Mitchell
- 9/20: Latin Beats: Sonidos de las Américas
- 9/22: Songs from Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra: Masters of American Song
- 9/28-9/30: Gershwin Concerto in F Conducted by Brett Mitchell
>> September events calendar
- 10/5: A Light In The Void
- 10/6: Rodgers and Hammerstein Celebration
- 10/13: An Evening with Leslie Odom, Jr.
- 10/19-10/21: Schubert Unfinished Symphony
- 10/24-10/25: Disney in Concert: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
- 10/26-10/27: Time Warp - The Music of The Rocky Horror Show
- 10/28: Halloween Spooktacular!
>> October events calendar for Denver
- 11/2-11/4: Britten War Requiem
- 11/11: Vienna Boys Choir
- 11/16-11/18: Bruch Performed by Pinchas Zukerman
- 11/23: Movie at the Symphony: Home Alone in Concert
- 11/24: Free Fallin' - A Tribute to the Music of Tom Petty
- 11/25: Drums of the World
- 11/30: All Beethoven
>> Full calendar of events for November
- 12/1-12/2: All Beethoven
- 12/7-12/8: A Classical Christmas Conducted by Brett Mitchell
- 12/9: Ten Tenors — Home for the Holidays with your Colorado Symphony
- 12/14-12/16: A Colorado Christmas
- 12/17: Celtic Woman: The Best of Christmas Tour
- 12/19: Holiday Brass
- 12/21-12/22: Too Hot to Handel
- 12/31: A Night in Vienna
>> December events calendar for Denver
- 1/4-1/6: Movie at the Symphony: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- 1/10: Itzhak Perlman with the Colorado Symphony
- 1/12: A Tribute to Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops
- 1/18-1/20: Dvorák Symphony No. 9
- 1/25-1/26: Movie at the Symphony: Amadeus Live
>> January events calendar
- 2/1-2/3: Mendelssohn Double Concerto featuring Yumi Hwang-Williams
- 2/8: Symphonic Tribute to Comic Con - V
- 2/9: Sondheim & Lloyd Webber Showcase
- 2/14, 2/16-2/17: A Classical Romance
- 2/23: Nat King Cole & Me - An Evening with Gregory Porter
>> February things to do around Denver
- 3/1-3/3: Beethoven Symphony No. 7
- 3/9: Face Vocal Band with the Colorado Symphony
- 3/10: Peter and the Wolf Featuring Magic Circle Mime Co.
- 3/15-3/17: Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6
- 3/29-3/31: Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition
>> March calendar of events
- 4/4: Women of Rock
- 4/12-4/14: Brahms Symphony No. 4
- 4/26-4/28: Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture & Prokofiev Alexander Nevsky
>> More fun things to do in April
- 5/5: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta para la Familia
- 5/10-5/12: Berlioz Symphonie fantastique
- 5/17-5/19: Danny Elfman Violin Concerto featuring Sandy Cameron
- 5/24-5/26: Carmina Burana Conducted by Brett Mitchell
>> Full calendar of things to do in May
Cocktail Events & Fundraisers
Sip With the Symphony is a fundraising cocktail series in partnership with Colorado breweries, distilleries, and liquor stores. Two events in the series include Beethoven and Brews and Argonaut Wine Tastings.
These interactive events, featuring small chamber music ensembles, serve as an introduction to symphonic music. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres are served in a fun and casual setting.
Beethoven and Brews
Dates: May 30
Price: $40 and up
These fundraising events for the Colorado Symphony Orchestra are hosted by local breweries. Guests enjoy the sounds of small ensemble performances while sampling four taster pours of beer and light hors d'oeuvres.
Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the door beginning at 6 p.m.
The event on March 7 is at the Blue Moon Brewing Company in RiNo. The event on May 30 is at the Left Hand Brewing Company in Longmont.
Argonaut Wine Tastings
Dates: Fourth Tuesday evening of every month
Location: Sie Film Center at 2510 East Colfax Avenue
Price: $40 in advance, $50 at the door
Argonaut Wine & Liquor presents this monthly wine tasting benefiting the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. Held at Sie Film Center, each tasting event features a particular wine region and topic.
Hundreds of wines and generous appetizers will be on hand for guests to enjoy. Ninety percent of the wine poured is priced at more than $15.
Some tastings feature performances by a Colorado Symphony ensemble.
Remix for Young Professionals
Remix is a paid membership program that brings together young professionals at Colorado Symphony Orchestra performances, happy hours, and special events. A $100 membership includes four flex concert tickets, pre-concert happy hours, seats in the Remix section, and invitations to members-only events. Pop-up events are also scheduled year-round.
Summer Concert Series
During the summer, you can enjoy special Colorado Symphony Orchestra performances at venues all around town, including Red Rocks and Fiddler's Green amphitheatres.
These free and ticketed events take place June through September and include Family Friendly Fourth of July, previews of the upcoming season, and more.
About the Symphony
The Colorado Symphony Orchestra, established in 1989, performs more than 150 traditional and contemporary concerts a year. Events include masterworks, pops, family series, a geek series, educational children's concerts, donor and sponsor activities, and behind-the-scenes opportunities.
Its 80 full-time musicians come from a dozen different countries and perform for more than 250,000 area residents.
The Colorado Symphony Orchestra performs at Boettcher Concert Hall in the Denver Performing Arts Complex located in downtown. Built in 1978, the hall is the first 360-degree concert hall built in the country. More than 80 percent of its 2,700 seats are within 65 feet of the stage.
Its unique canopy, fascia, moat, and seats contribute to the hall's world-class acoustics.